21st – 26th november

Posted: 27/11/2014 in Uncategorized
Tags: ,

I’ve been working on a sleeve behind your backs, and this is the first time i’m posting it- now that it’s complete!

It’s been a bit of a mad project from start to finish..

Our Laura has a sleeve or black and grey roses, with lace patterns in between, suitably gothy for the resident Tribe goth, and very pretty. I told her about a dream that I had, where she had a sleeve on the other arm, too, and it was similar to the original one, but instead of roses there were cobwebs, and the lace was torn and caught up in the webs. Also caught in the cobwebs were insects like moths and spiders, and leaf skeletons- it was like a fucked up version of her existing sleeve 🙂

so we did it

it was fun, and I love it, lots of texture and detail

Johnny had a short session on his stylised dragon piece

and Simon got some more work done to his phoenix, today we got stuck into the colour, fiery colours (with blue accents to come)

Having finished Brian’s two dragon sleeves, it was time to turn our attentions to his back… backpieces are a wonderful opportunity for tattooists- such a big canvas! We didn’t muck around and went big! To match the scale and intensity of the dragon we felt that a japanese warrior would work, and who does better warrior than Horiyoshi the third? no one. They work well small and simplified, but also big with all the detail included, which is what we are going for here. It’s going to be epic 🙂

Stephen just had a last wee session on his forearm dragon, a piece I added onto someone else’s work. I was trying to match the existing piece on the upper arm, with the density, darkness and colours that are dictated by it.

Robbie’s iris is now finished, with the wee kingfisher hiding in the leaves. It’s maybe not hiding as well as we think, Robbie told me that on a recent holiday in Florida, someone shouted across the pool ‘nice kingfisher, dude!’….

and now for a restoration job. I’ve been working on Kiaran’s sleeve, it’s by another artist and is over 10 years old and has faded quite a bit. It’s a mixture of flowers and girl’s faces, but as originally no black was used, it had lost it’s impact and looked very pale.

Today I reworked the faces, I’ll post before and after pictures of them. by doing them in black and grey, we were able to create a lot more contrast, and remodel the faces to be a lot more expressive. Kiaran said they had been ‘awesomised’, I like that 🙂

before

after

before

after

before

after

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s